Thursday, December 11, 2008

borrowed from the boys

From blazers and boyfriend jeans to fedoras and oxford booties menswear pieces have established themselves as a favorite. Just ask it girl Ashley Olsen who donned a Calvin Klein Collection tux to this years CFDA awards. Or check out the runways of Alexander Wang who included double breasted oversized jackets in both his Fall and Spring collections. As a fan of androgyny I've long been pairing oversized cardigans with my skinny jeans on lazy Sundays and lately I've discovered that the trend looks twice as good when paired with luxe elements or fabrics. Throw on an blazer over a lace mini dress with statement jewelry for a night out or pair a sequined jacket with distressed boyfriend shorts, opaque tights and sky high ankle boots. Whatever your choice the next time you find yourself at a loss for an outfit just peruse your beaus closet for a pair of weathered Levi's and you'll be looking effortlessly chic in no time.



Ashley Olsen at the CFDA awards


Alexander Wang Fall 08


Alexander Wang Spring 09


Erin Wasson and Alexander Wang
Pics from style.com


3 comments:

What Is Fashionable? said...

I totally agree...if you're gonna do the walk of shame, u might as well do it in style right? just be sure to return my blazer pronto, it's my go to piece....

j.t. & carla b said...

I love blazers. I just can't wear them because my hips are so wide it makes me look wider. =( miss u princess how about that drink? i cook! ;D

ccccarla said...

YOU WOULD.