Monday, October 13, 2008

Champagne and Fur Stoles

Life's been a little chaotic lately and with the lack of time I've had to sleep updating the blog has been the last thing on my mind. With that said I recently received a little gift in the mail...Edward Steichen's book In High Fashion. Having never heard of the photographer before I immediately fell in love with his images. The book focuses mainly on the years between 1923-1937 with low back gowns, dropped waistes and finger waved hair evoking the glamour and glitz of the flapper years and conjuring images of Fitzgerald's Daisy Buchanan.






1 comment:

Jenkovich said...

The "flapper" look is probably my favorite of the 20th century (besides the bangin bell bottomed high-waisted 70's flower child look). It helps emphasize the beauty of the feminine figure, showing some skin while leaving just enough to the imagination of the viewer. I dig it MaryLove.